Walter Bright <newshou...@digitalmars.com> wrote:

retard wrote:
On the other hand Scala does provide a shallow form of immutability and some immutable data structures in the standard library.

My experience with shallow const (in C++) is that it's nearly useless. Most C++ code I've seen seems to rely on an implicit assumption of transitive const, but it isn't in the documentation and of course you don't know if it is upheld or not. This is not conducive to reliable FP.

I still remember my first reading about D const, and thinking
'What? Other const regimes aren't transitive? That's madness!'

--
Simen