I have been testing MT63 heavily for quite some time for use with psmail, but
PSK63 outperforms it,
so I am back with PSK63.

The biggest drawback (let alone the 2kHz bandwidth required) is the time it
needs to gain sync.

MT63 could have a life where larger blocks are sent (e.g. for PSKftp) but from
experience in the last 12 month I know that
the optimum block size is more in the 16 ... 64 byte arena, which excludes MT63
for use in HF ARQ.

My measurements on 10 Mhz show that MT63 has 20% less errors than PSK63 on the
same channel.
The is not enough to offset the negative points.

Moreover the biggest channel killer is the Pactor 2/3 QRM, not QRN or noise.

73,

Rein PA0R

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com