--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Hekman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I found the specifications.  The spec used for broadcast DRM can
be
> found here:
>
> http://webapp.etsi.org/exchangefolder/es_201980v020101p.pdf
>
> The WinDRM spec can be found here:
>
> http://www.qslnet.de/member/hb9tlk/drm_h.html

The WinDRM specification is very sketchy but after a quick review it
suggests that the speech data rate is near the minimum possible and
there is little room for additional FEC coding.  The documment
suggests that the minimum data rate for voice is 1000 bits per 400
ms frame (2.5 kbps).  The subcarrier modulation is QAM16 or QAM64
and there are two levels of FEC to choose from but the FEC is not
described.  The interleaving of the pilots and overhead data is
described but not the interleaving of the voice data.

I will have to have a conversation with one of the speech codec
designers I work with.

Ed

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional