You are assuming that speed is what people want. Perhaps that
assumption is wrong.

73,
--Alex KR1ST
http://www.kr1st.com

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Simon Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Pah!
>
> Watching 20m PSK at the moment, why do so many users send in
uppercase! PSK uses varicode, lowercase is *so* much faster. PSK63 +
Uppercase seems to defeat the aims of the game.

> Really it's down to the programmers - let's make the users aware
that lowercase is sent much faster. I do this in my Macro Editors. I
guess we could add a small option to show the efficiency of the user's
input - as-is versus all lowercase.

> FWIW I had a QPSK-125 QSO with RW3DQC - QSO was over before I
realised what was happening, he's an excellent operator!