> I am interested in trying PSKMAIL but don't want to screw up my PCs
> that are using Windows XP.  I have an old 500 Hz CPU PC sitting around
> doing nothing.  What would I need to do to turn this totally in to a
> linux computer running PSKMAIL ?
>
> Andy K3UK

Andy,

First step: upgrade to 256 MB RAM (512 MB is even better) and run the live CD
with the preinstalled
pskmail server and client. This will tell you if your machine is ready to run a
modern Linux.

Look at the pskmail list for help if needed. There are already a number of
experimental pskmail servers on the air in the US.
Info and URL's on http://pskmail.wikispaces.com.

As soon as that works, goto

step 2: Install the Linux distro from the live CD to the hard drive and enjoy
the full power of Linux and
pskmail.

Or... install UBUNTU 6.06 LTS and install pskmail separately (installation
details on the wiki).
There is also a live CD available for UBUNTU, so you can try it first. I would
use the 6.06 LTS (long time support) version, which is very stable and will be
supported for 3 years to come...

73,

Rein PA0R

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com

Announce your digital  presence via our DX Cluster telnet://cluster.dynalias.org

Our other groups:

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: