Again, I see no reason why we would want digital signals down that low in
such a wide band.  That first 25 KC or so is used heavily by CW stations
both here and DX.  I dont care what someone else arbitraily decided was the
"bandplan" for digital.  Those bandplans are NOT worldwide, and until they
are, they make no sense DX wise.  We should go with the flow.  Its the same
with mixing SSB all up and down the band, just makes no sense.

I also dont see why we even need to mention where your, or my, VFO is set.
Simply give the "final" freq where the signals will be in the waterfall.
Each of us has different offset, according to our own equipment, and all
that does is confuse the issue.  IF I spot something on 1.876, that is where
it is on the waterfall, and if your software doesnt take you there
automatically (very unlikely it wont) then its up to you to figure out your
offset.  It is certainly the one item that confuses new people when they get
into digital radio, because they are seeing spots listed every which way.
The great majority of software packages (including every one I have used)
takes the offset into consideration and properly sets the VFO and then the
tracking mark on the waterfall falls right on the proper spotted freq.  You
can almost bet someone doesnt know how to set their offset, or spot
correctly, when you see them spot exactly on 14.070 or 14.069 every time.
Thats their VFO freq, and the real station is someplace a few cycle to
hundreds of cycles from that.

Danny Douglas N7DC
ex WN5QMX ET2US WA5UKR ET3USA
SV0WPP VS6DD N7DC/YV5 G5CTB all