Howard Brown wrote:
> Two stations are trying to set up RFSM2400, not in the ham bands. Both
> stations have difficulty with the COM port keying the transmitter (via
> the Rigblaster) as soon as the program opens, and leaving it keyed.
> We are able to switch over to VOX but would like the com port keying
> capability for ARQ mode.  One of us is using Wine and Linux (Ubuntu
> 6.06) and the other is using Windows XP.
>
> Anyone got any hints on this?
>
> We also are not able to connect yet.  We can each hear the other's
> signal and see it on the scope but no connect.  I can hear him
> answering my polls but no result. We went through the configuration
> page and are sure that all options are configured the same.
>
> Any ideas where we went wrong here?
>
> Thanks for any ideas you send.
>
> Howard K5HB

Hi Howard
You may be interested is the emails below
de les vk2dsg

> Hi Dmitry
> Here some observations made by VK2JN during his testing
> of RFSM2400
>
> I dont have these problems on my system which is
> 2.6 Celeron with 1G memory using XP Pro
> So far I have only passed files to 130k and had no problems with this
> Storm QRN will slow down transfer or completely stop transfer depending
> on severity of conditions
> Very Pleased with results so far
> Regards Les
>

> RFSM-2400 Ver 49 / User Issues Noted From VK2JN
>
> Enviroment:
>
> Sony Vaio notebook TX47BPW Core Solo
> Windows XP pro
> USB 4 port generic hub
> Generic USB sound card
> Aten USB to serial converter
>
> RFSM loaded to run from it's own directory called "RFSM-2400" from the root
> drive known

as "c"

> Issues:
>
> When executing the program the PTT is immediately activated (keyed down) and
> remains in

that state until com port line is changed from DTR to RTS or vica versa
and the options

window then closed after which it will then release the PTT and work
normally until the

program is executed once again.

(THIS IS JUST A WORK AROUND FOUND BY JAMES VK2JN)

> When changing options in the connection window (ie: connecting attempts
> count) the

  setting is not  saved after the program is closed. After changing and
reopening the

program it returns to installation default.

> When transferring files we notice that files larger than 250kb become
> truncated /

corrupted with no receiving check sum error. Not a serious issue as that
file size is

extreme and file splitting is generally used.

> Dmitry wrote:
>> Hi, Les.
>>
>> Thanks for reports.
>>
>> My comments about issues.
>>
>> 1. PPT. I will see, what is this. Your reports if first.
>>
>> 2. Options in "Connection" page. Yes, it is, 'rfsm' not saved option
>> "Connecting

attempts counts".