We generally use 300 Hz filters for PSK125 and they are too wide.
There is no substitute for good narrow Xtal filters.
I don't understand how you can try to work PSK31 (50 Hz bandwidth) with a 2.7
kHz filter.
That is against all logic (and math).

We recommand using the narrowest filters you can get for pskmail. That is the
only
way to fight Pactor QRM. It helps to use the passband shift and use the sweet
spot of the rig
at 1500 Hz (we use an Icom 756). Our PI4TUE server has good performance with
that, provided you get the filter as narrow as possible (this is for PSK125,
which is 4x the bandwidth of PSK31...).
A 250 Hz Xtal filter is wide enough for PSK125.

73,

Rein EA/PA0R/P

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com