--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, Steinar Aanesland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If this is such a great mode, I wonder why so many call it a "pactor
> pest" or a "plague".
>
> Maybe the answer is on this website: http://www.digipan.net/
>
> Have a nice day.
>
> 73 de LA5VNA Steinar

Hi Steinar,

With all due respect it is a matter of preference. If you are serious
about digital filetransfer, e-mail networking etc, then PACTOR 3 is
the way to go at the moment. If you want Digital QSOs then PSK31 is
OK. I use both, but I never call any mode a pest. After all Pactor 3
is in the in wideband portion of the band now. PACTOR 2 is where all
the other DIGITAL modes are. RFSM2400 is in the wideband portion of
the band too. Is this a Pest too? Is SSTV a pest too? Is DIGSSTV a
pest too? Is FAX a pest too? Is Contesting a pest too? Is SSB voice a
pest too? Don't tell me about the Winlink Mboxes that do not listen
before they transmit because the SCS controllers have the option to
listen before transmit. It is the Winlink people that have decided not
to use it.

73 de Demetre SV1UY