--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, Steinar Aanesland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Demetre, the problem is not the bandwidth, but as Skip Teller, KH6TY
> try to point out:  "The number of times PACTOR stations override PSK31,
> PSK63, or CW communications is so great that the probability is that
> they seldom, if ever, "listen first" in their passion to use the ham
> bands as an automatic gateway to send and receive email to and from the
> Internet.".
>
> I have experienced this myself  many times on 20m, and because of its
> "great" capability to "keep the link", it never give up but squeeze you
> out. You will have this pitiful meeting with pactor almost all over the
> digital segment of 20m,  from 14.065 to 14.120 with some small gaps..
>
> I have no trouble understanding those who call this a "pest".
>
> 73 de LA5VNA Steinar

Then you can report these stations Steinar. There are lids in every
mode. I always listen before I transmit, whether I use CW, SSB, SSTV,
PSK31 or PACTOR. Because some PACTOR operators are lids, it does not
mean that we are all like that. I can only understand the necessity to
transmit without listening only in an emergency situation. This is a
hobby and it should be kept like it. Let's all try and educate whoever
is a lid. But let's not condemn PACTOR 3 because of some lids.

I can tell you thousands of lid stories especially among contesters.
This does not make contests and the rest of the contesters bad. They
like contests, let them have them.

We can all share our bands happily.

73 de Demetre SV1UY