So one gets the 60wpm of 170Hz shift RTTY for a 400 Hz bandwidth?

73 de Brian/K3KO

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, Mark Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ALE400 – Narrow band ALE mode now available
>
> Patrick F6CTE has announced that a narrow band version of the
popular Automatic Link Establishment (ALE) software is now available.

> On the HFLink Yahoo group he writes:
>
> For those interested in doing ALE and ARQ FAE using a narrow
bandwidth (400 Hz), I have derived from the standard ALE a new ALE
with a bandwidth of 400 Hz (instead of 2000 Hz) and which is called
'ALE400'.

> This ALE system has exactly the same functions as the standard ALE
(in Multipsk) except that the:
> • bandwidth is 400 Hz (so ALE400 can be used where 500 Hz modes are
permitted)
> • the speed (and consequently the text throughput) is 2.5 slower,
> • no fix frequency (it is as MFSK16, Olivia or DominoEX modes)
> • the S/N is 5 dB better:
> - 9 dB for AMD messages and Unproto
> - 11.5 dB (- 13.5 dB with many repetitions) for ARQ FAE
>
> For ARQ FAE, it has been added a compression system using a modified
IZ8BLY (Nino) MFSK Varicode. So the text throughput (in ALE400) is
typically 60 wpm (up to 107 mpm in bilateral and 63 characters frames).

> This test version in a ZIP test package is available in my site
> http://f6cte.free.fr/MULTIPSK_TEST_28_10_2007.ZIP
> (copy and paste this address in Internet Explorer (or equivalent)
Net address field). It contains the Multipsk test version, the help
files (in English and French) and the specifications (in English) of
the ARQ FAE mode (version 1.4).

> Create a temporary folder (C:\TEST, for example), unzip the files in
it and start C:\TEST\TEST\Multipsk.exe (the auxiliary files will be
created automatically).

> For the contextual help, click on the right button of the mouse,
with the focus over the mode button "ALE400". Use also the button
hints (wait a fraction of second over a button).

> Hints:
> • if you are the "Master" (initiator of the CQ): confirm the RS ID
transmission in "Options" (to permit an automatic tuning for other
Hams), check "Master" on the Mode panel and, afterwards, push the
button "CQ"
> • if you are the "Slave" (the Ham who answers): push the button "RS
ID detection" (to permit your automatic tuning on CQ), check "Slave"
on the Mode panel and, afterwards, push the button "Answer".