  From: Rud Merriam
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 02:48 UTC
  Subject: [digitalradio] Testing Digital Codes at Bit Level

  I would like to test some digital codes at the bit level, rather than the
audio level. Does anyone know of a program that will introduce noise by
changing bits in a bit stream?

  Is anyone familiar with any published works on the web that discuss testing
at this level?

  ---
  I have a feeling that the above questions are not going to be answered so
lets try the roll my own approach for AWGN and Fading in the first attempt.

  Gaussian Noise: is it valid to generate a stream of noise bits where
exceeding a threshold amplitude level injects an erroneous bit into the data
stream? I am assuming that noise cannot remove a bit but is that a valid
assumption?

  Fading: is it valid to simulate fading by removing some bits in the data
stream?

  Rud Merriam K5RUD
  ARES AEC Montgomery County, TX
  http://TheHamNetwork.net