From: Rein Couperus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2007 3:19:05 AM
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] PSKmail

To write an interface for a KAM+ is fairly trivial, but
I think for 1200 Bd AFSK parts of pskmail would have to be rewritten in
 C or C++,
as PSK250 seems to be the limit for perl. That would be a major
 project, and
if I decide to do it, it will take me several years to finish. Unless I
 get help :)
What could be interesting is to use the pskmail server as an internet
 gateway for an AX25
network on VHF/UHF. It is now already possible to use PSK250 over FM.

73,

Rein PA0R

 modem like the KAM+ ? That sure would come in handy at VHF (for Packet).

> 73,
>
> Howard K5HB

 PSK
> > sound card modem, but if they did, then they could start matching
>  Pactor
> > 2, especially if they had several different speeds or modulation.
> >
> > But like you say, it is completely open source, so over the long
>  term,
> > maybe things will advance to the point that it will be so
 compelling
> > that you just have to have it:)
> >
> > 73,
> >
> > Rick, KV9U
> >
> > Demetre SV1UY wrote:
> > >
> > > For PSKmail information you can check
> > > http://www.freelists.org/archives/pskmail/ and perhaps it is a
 good
> > > idea if you also register there so you can follow the guys that
 are
> > > involved with it. Per PA0R has done a marvelous job with it and
 he
> > > uses FLDIGI as a modem, but you probably know all this. Per's
 code
>  is
> > > open and anyone can implement it in any operating system,
 although
>  he
> > > has a zip file and you can run PSKmail even in Windows with a
 Linux