Guys,

I work for our local County as their Radio Tech and our Road Department would
like to be able to keep tabs on some, not all, of their vehicles, especially in
areas where their cell phone coverage is flaky at best.

They have a UHF system located on a mountain top approximately 4250', centrally
located within the County.

Not having any experience with APRS, would this be a viable way to do this?

I know that APRS can be monitored via the internet, but is that strictly for
Amateur use, or can the software be purchased for commercial useage?

Thanks!

Rod
KC7CJO
Clackamas County Electronic Services, Radio Shop