Which prospective are you looking at this?  The ham or the served
agency's?  A ham needs to know how to set up his equipment.  That's
he's job and that's why he's the ecomm guy and not doing something
else.

As far as the served agency - I'm not sure what the trend is for
personal use, but I think Outlook/Exchange is still the predominate
corporate email system.  So volunteers who are business users will
know how to use Outlook.  However, I would not count of any of them
being able to set up their mail clients.  That's what they have IT
people for.

But now that I think about it .......

If the goal here is to make it easy to set up clients for a ham
network, maybe we need to be thinking about setting up our own web
mail system.  Why?  It's far easier to create a book mark in each
client browser to point to our local mail server then it is to to to
install a new email account on every client PC, finding out they don't
have admin rights, trying to figure out how this version of software
wants it's settings and a whole host of other nasty stuff that only
get uglier when done under pressure with people' welfare on the line.