Hi Scott,

Clover 2000 (circa 1995) is a wide bandwidth version of Clover II (circa
1992) and is may be used by a few agencies. It uses proprietary
hardware/firmware similar to Pactor 2 and 3 with 8 tones at a baud rate
of 62.5. I don't know if it is still used by American Red Cross, but at
one time they were advertised as using it. The modem cost in 2007 was
$1500, so it is not something you would find on the ham bands unless
someone had it available to them from some other source. HAL sells
Clover Mail software, but this is very expensive, like most HAL
products, and probably is intended between two users.

Winlink 2000 is "system" of various protocols that can be used on VHF
using packet radio, or HF using Pactor. Clover II used to be used along
with Pactor on the Winlink world wide HF BBS system, but this was phased
out when they transitioned to the Winlink 2000 e-mail system.

So Clover 2000 is more of a hardware/firmware modem and Winlink 2000 is
a system using several protocols although the proprietary HF modems are
quite costly. A new sound card approach is being developed, but is not
yet ready for deployment.