Hello John and all,

>I have suggested to Patrick in the past that he does an emcomm version of
>multipsk.. PSK,MFSK, ALE 400 and 141, >and maybe Olivia. Not to remove these
>from the software but just take all the other options off the user interface..
>hide >the buttons of you wish.  At the time, he was not interested.

>That said, what would it take to convince you and Patrick to work on a
>project,(besides time), hmmmmmmmmm?

There is a lot of interesting projects but time is a rare ressource, that's the
problem.

About ALE400 source code: ALE400 is the same code as ALE with different
parameters and a different way to estimate the BER.  It seems that it exits
some parts of ALE source available and, at least, someone (a French guy, sorry
I forgot his call sign) is developping a C++ code for ALE, which will be
available in the future.
I don't want to issue my own ALE code (moreover, it would be difficult to
extract as it is mixed with the rest).

>anyone monitoring the same band will see the RSID and will know the frequency
>(+/- 6Hz) and mode
Note: the precision in frequency is +/-2.7 Hz.

About the interface: I do it the way that corresponds to my needs (and I hope
it corresponds to some other needs):
* quick access to modes and options without going to menus,

* except for some complex modes as Packet or ALE, all the options concerning a
mode are directly available using buttons,

* as I have no much memory (in my mind not in the PC), many buttons have a hint
(i.e. after 1/2 s, mouse cursor over the button) which is, in fact, a sort of
micro contextual help,

* many buttons give access to a context sensitive help  (i.e. mouse cursor over
the button, clicking on the right button of the mouse calls the concerned help),
Note: I do this way because, I noted that it is really complex to have a
pertinent information, through the help, with professional softs as WORD.

* clicking a mode button as "ALE400" for example gives access to a default
configuration, which must be sufficient for a first start, so, in fact, there
is nothing to configure at the first step. There is just to choose the mode to
work.

Now each one must choose according to his/her needs.

73
Patrick