I can't find that link. I know there was to be an amassing of local hams at their meeting last night. The city council was apparently intending to 'brute force' this onto their agenda and bury it.
I've not heard anything from anyone locally yet. I'll pass it along as soon as I can. Their ordinance is not a joke, unfortunately it's real. The local governments here feel they are above the law and are out to prove it for some reason. Another nearby city (Lancaster) has implemented a $500 fine if you have weeds in your yard or haven't mowed it in a while from what I've been told. On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 7:30 PM, David Struebel<[email protected]> wrote: > > > This link goes to "invalid thread" on qrz.com.... Any better information? > > Dave WB2FTX > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: Robert Ellis > To: [email protected] > Sent: Friday, July 10, 2009 9:14 PM > Subject: Re: [digitalradio] City attempts to shut down ham radio .... !! > > k7fe reports in a qrz forum that the palmdale city council approved > the ordinance: > http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?t=209771 > > On Jul 10, 2009, at 7:27 PM, David Struebel wrote: > >> >> >> Read the report..... >> > >> >> Dave WB2FTX >> ----- Original Message ----- >> From: "Robert Ellis" <[email protected]> >> To: <[email protected]> >> Sent: Friday, July 10, 2009 7:24 PM >> Subject: Re: [digitalradio] City attempts to shut down ham >> radio .... !! >> >> > >> > here's a recent city proposal (jul-2009): >> > >> > >> > http://www.cityofpalmdale.org/city_hall/Planning/2009-07/AMeeting/spl70978h.pdf >> > >> >> > >> > robert
