If you do not have to have an external sound card the various
interfaces that use your computers internal sound card are much less
expensive. With some, such as the Rascal GLX you switch cables to use
them with different transceivers. There are many other choices, I just
happen to be familiar with that one.

Tim, N9PUZ

Gmail - Kevin, Natalia, Stacey & Rochelle wrote:

> Thanks Simon,
>
> But the big issue is the price. This one you mention is also up in the
> US$200 area, which is nearly NZ$400 for us, exchange rate.
> Makes me think twice before I purchase.
>
> I think I will get a sound interface it's just twisting my arm a little
> more to finally do the bank transfer.
>
> Regards
> Kevin., ZL1KFM
>
> BTW, version 7 is working great for me. Had one issue with DM780
> shutting down when going into TX mode. Might of been because the network
> link was not active between it and HRD.

Announce your digital presence via our Interactive Sked Pages at
http://www.obriensweb.com/sked

Recommended digital mode software:  Winwarbler, FLDIGI, DM780, or Multipsk
Logging Software:  DXKeeper or Ham Radio Deluxe.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: