  From: Dave AA6YQ
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, October 30, 2009 08:54 UTC
  Subject: RE: [digitalradio] Re: Why would anyone

  Your assertion below that current rules allow an automatic station to operate
on any frequency is incorrect. See §97.221

  http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/news/part97/c.html#221

  With a bandwidth of 500 hz or less, such stations can can only operate
wherever RTTY or data emissions are authorized.

  With a bandwidth of more than 500 hz, such stations are limited to the
sub-bands enumerated in §97.221(b).

      73,

            Dave, AA6YQ