I would recommend Ubuntu 9.04 to start with.

It's what most of us here locally are using. Ubuntu is a
variatnt of Debian which is the basis for a couple of other
'flavors' of Linux.

Ubuntu and Debian come with WSJT, fldigi, and gMSFK as
supported software installs. You'll also have other Amatuer
radio related software to pick and choose from in the Synaptic
package manager ranging from Sat tracking to NEC antenna
modeling software. All open source software...:) You will even
be able to upload to the ARRL Logbook Of The World even.

Another benefit is that if you want to run PSKmail, you will be able
to. I have set it up, but not done much with it other than to know
that it works.

I would recommend that you find a local Linux Users Group (LUG)
in your area to attend as that usually is the BEST source of information
on any problems that you may encounter. Here's a link to a few in that
might be close to you for help:
http://www.linux.org/groups/usa/westvirginia.html
Just do a search for Linux User Groups in your favorite search engine to
find others.

Hope this helps some.

James W8ISS