From: Charles Brabham <n5...@uspacket.org>
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sat, October 31, 2009 9:09:57 PM
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Linux Here I come!

I've tried out Ubuntu and Puppy linux ( on  different machines ) and had no
major problems with either of them. I like DSL  Linux too.

I've got to admit though that working with Linux is  like wearing cowboy boots
- the best part of it is at the end of the day when  you take them off ( go
back to using Windows ).

It's interesting to do things differently and I  like that, but the performance
just isn't there with Linux. In the  end, doing things with a good Windows box
is always faster,  easier, more certain and more reliable.

If you are in the mood to tinker though, Linux is  much much better than
Windows for that. - It's most definately a learning  experience, which is not
so bad at all.

73 DE Charles Brabham, N5PVL

Prefer to use radio for your amateur radio communications? - Stop by at
HamRadioNet. Org !

http://www.hamradionet.org