From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:digitalra...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Wes Cosand
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 7:02 PM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [digitalradio] Comparison of RTTY software sensitivity

Recently during a QSO a ham said the software I was using was not very
sensitive.  I decided I needed to collect some data to make an informed
decision about which software I should be using.  I ran several of the RTTY
software packages through the AWGN function of PathSim and used RttyCompare
to calculate the percentage of errors in the resulting text.  The data can
be found at
http://mysite.verizon.net/wz7i/RTTY.html

This is not meant to be a polemical posting.   I may well have made less
than optimal choices in setting program parameters and I am anxious to
receive suggestions about how the testing could be improved.  Also, I am
aware that sensitivity is only one factor in choosing what communications
software to use.

Wes, WZ7I
www.wz7i.com
CW Skimmer CQ spots:  cw.wz7i.com:7300