Hi Sven,

I can only report on one implementation years ago with a Tandy TRS-80 which
processor probably had about the same power as an entry level MCU of today.

The detection circuit was an analog PLL with a pair of passive filters at the
front. It worked reasonably well, with good sensitivity but suffered when noise
was present.

Simple to implement otherwise and with today's ICs the filters should be very
simple to implement as well.

Hope this helps,

Good luck with the project.

73s, John

This was fed into a serial interface with a program in assembler on the TRS-80.