Its happened so often that I'm now curious to know why a CQ response from a
user of Mix W, always a Russian or an east European station, begins halfway
down the screen.

Each line of information is often two or three lines apart which means that
sometimes the whole screen is jumping around with important information
vanishing "up the screen" !

I now prevent this happening by clearing the receive window if my call appears
halfway down the screen, the following text will then continue properly, where
it should, at the top of the screen.

What causes this and why does it only happen with Mix W ?

Mel G0GQK