On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 02:56:31PM -0000, raf3151019 wrote:
> Its happened so often that I'm now curious to know why a CQ response
> from a user of Mix W, always a Russian or an east European station,
> begins halfway down the screen.
>
> Each line of information is often two or three lines apart which means
> that sometimes the whole screen is jumping around with important
> information vanishing "up the screen" !
>
> I now prevent this happening by clearing the receive window if my call
> appears halfway down the screen, the following text will then continue
> properly, where it should, at the top of the screen.
>
> What causes this and why does it only happen with Mix W ?

I've seen some hams begin a QSO with multiple newlines, which has the
effect you describe. I don't run any other digital interface program,
and so don't have the opportunity to compare.

You might consider turning on the "save logfile" option for a while, and
afterwards have a look at it to see if there are multiple newlines at
the begining of the QSO where you see this occur.

73, de

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO
mi...@mikea.ath.cx