Dave.

I tried that , transmitting into dummy load yesterday with John's
call and I told John that it did work on my computer.

John then replied that he thought once the computer had been on the
banned list it was useless for ever for running ROS ( some in the registry
perhaps )
We then talked about testing his xyl's computer computer. We all know now what
happened there.

As I thought and expressed here a few times, even Jose would understand it to
be insane to have programs distributed with built-in banned lists.

My procedure is as follows.

Rename old ROS directory
make new directory ROS.
download new version ( almost daily  operation but that is OK
past download in ROS directory
extract program zipped file
use Install Script
create new short cut
paste new shortcut
click shortcut
make sure waterfall is turned on
for new installations check audio level settings of selected
sound cards. Like to see some noise on waterfall.
make sure program gets audio from receiver, WEBSDR or other audio source.
no configuration ( no Call for cluster problem )

Has always worked here without a any problem. Program locates always
the correct sound card

73 Rein W6SZ