There are lots of people on PSK31 here on 6 meters .... and some on 2 meters
too ... it works for them .....

--- On Sat, 7/10/10, GregCT <n1...@comcast.net> wrote:

From: GregCT <n1...@comcast.net>
Subject: [digitalradio] VHF Contesting
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 7:38 AM

Hello and Good morning to all,
Just looking for a little advise and guidance here. Next weekend is the CQ WW
VHF Contest, I'm looking forward to setting out and playing in the contest and
I'm thinking of attempting some digital contacts along with the usual SSB to up
the score a bit. I've been having alot of fun with PSK31 mostly on HF with a
spattering of other modes mixed in but PSK being the most prevelant. I think I
would most likely see some PSK activity on 6m, but don't really know what to
expect or look for as far as modes on the 2m side of things. Would someone
operate PSK on that band or one of the other modes? I'm running HRD with DM780.
My personal best score in the contest was in 2006 when I earned 1st place Rover
for the New England Division with 8142 points. Due to work and family
commitments, I was not able to enter again until last year, which also earned
me 1st place New England again. I'm hoping that by adding the weak signal
digital modes to the mix that I may "Defend" my title in this year's contest
but also beat my personal best score and possible make it into the mix of the
competition at the National level. My hopes are high, but i'm not sure if the
effort of lugging the laptop along and keeping it powered up will be worth the
result..
Any thoughts, ideas, comments that can you can send my way are appreciated,
both 'for' and 'against'... and Thank you in advance for all that have any
input/help advice to contribute

73
Greg
N1KPW