A simple QRP Tx suitable for beginners, for example, is usually the ubiquitous
1 Watt 40m thing for CW that all the magazines and book  seem include
ad-ad-naueam, built into sweet tins or whatever novel box they can think of.
I want to be different, and publish a design for RTTY.  A simple varicap across
a crystal, needing a bit of applied science with SSB Rx and Spectrogram prog to
set the shift - all part of the basic learning process.

But to do that needs a way of driving the Tx with a wire that just waggles 1/0
with RTTY data - just like the mechanical teleprinters of old.  So long as it
does it at 45 or 50 baud and is properly timed (perhaps not so easy using
Windoze - could this be why there's nothing out there?)

I wanted to steer away from a design that linearly upconverted from a soundcard
then filtered and amplified the result.    The request was for "simple designs
for beginners"

Andy