To The Group:

The "sound card manager software" is about all I can think to call this
program. It would allow you to set up different settings for each program you
use with your soundcard and not have to constantly change mixer settings.

For an example, you run Echolink,click this "program" and the Echolink settings
come up.  You run MultiPsk and those preset settings were saved and named and
your ready to run the MultiPsk program. Ect etc.

I have a new AMD/Dual Core  Desktop machine running XP Pro. 3GB ram,1GB Radeon
Card, 2.7 speed, 500 GB HD,multi-monitor set up.

I run DxLab suite,N1MM/Mtty,MultiPsk,Echolink and work SSB on morning chats. I
have a AFSK interface for my digital modes and logging.

Why, you ask? Because several weeks ago on 40 meter chat the group said you
have a Bad Feed back in the audio.  I was at a loss. I had been running two
NetVista desktops. One for digital programs, the other for SSB and Echolink. It
was no problem because they ran independent of one another.  Now I have a
Workhorse AMD Machine and it won't function the way I want it to. I learned
that by disconnecting the speaker line from the new AMD machine, no feedback
into SSB chats.I could mute the line-out, no feedback. Now I go into to set up
the Multipsk and I have to reset the soundcard settings.  If  I want to play
music on the New machine the same thing occurs. That is the problem.

It may have been on one of the other digital groups , but I can't find the
source for this.  A Ham suggested this and another program or two to a digital
group ( I am on most of them). I had it saved but took a hit on the
Laptop/Vista machine and had to rebuild it from scratch and cannot find the
replies(late last year)  that were sent. Nor can I find it by researching the
groups. I know, from watching this reflector that many of you run the same
programs I run. So I thought I would start here. A Ham will know what I need
and why I need it to function in a certain way.  I hope you can help.

Any help or suggested programs would be appreciated.  Thanks, 73

Hal
WD4MDA
Jacksonville FL