  From: Dave AA6YQ
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 9:23 PM
  Subject: RE: [digitalradio] sound card manager software

  >>>AA6YQ comments below
  -----Original Message-----
  From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:digitalra...@yahoogroups.com]on
  Behalf Of Hal
  Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 9:10 PM
  To: DigitalRadio
  Subject: [digitalradio] sound card manager software

  To The Group:

  The "sound card manager software" is about all I can think to call this
  program. It would allow you to set up different settings for each program
  you use with your soundcard and not have to constantly change mixer
  settings.

  For an example, you run Echolink,click this "program" and the Echolink
  settings come up. You run MultiPsk and those preset settings were saved and
  named and your ready to run the MultiPsk program. Ect etc.

  I have a new AMD/Dual Core Desktop machine running XP Pro. 3GB ram,1GB
  Radeon Card, 2.7 speed, 500 GB HD,multi-monitor set up.

  I run DxLab suite,N1MM/Mtty,MultiPsk,Echolink and work SSB on morning chats.
  I have a AFSK interface for my digital modes and logging.

  Why, you ask? Because several weeks ago on 40 meter chat the group said you
  have a Bad Feed back in the audio. I was at a loss. I had been running two
  NetVista desktops. One for digital programs, the other for SSB and Echolink.
  It was no problem because they ran independent of one another. Now I have a
  Workhorse AMD Machine and it won't function the way I want it to. I learned
  that by disconnecting the speaker line from the new AMD machine, no feedback
  into SSB chats.I could mute the line-out, no feedback. Now I go into to set
  up the Multipsk and I have to reset the soundcard settings. If I want to
  play music on the New machine the same thing occurs. That is the problem.

  It may have been on one of the other digital groups , but I can't find the
  source for this. A Ham suggested this and another program or two to a
  digital group ( I am on most of them). I had it saved but took a hit on the
  Laptop/Vista machine and had to rebuild it from scratch and cannot find the
  replies(late last year) that were sent. Nor can I find it by researching
  the groups. I know, from watching this reflector that many of you run the
  same programs I run. So I thought I would start here. A Ham will know what I
  need and why I need it to function in a certain way. I hope you can help.

  Any help or suggested programs would be appreciated. Thanks, 73

  >>>Try QuickMix:

  <http://www.ptpart.co.uk/quickmix/>

  73,

  Dave, AA6YQ