Hi Simon,

My point is that most software that doesn't send RSID is not a problem at all
as they are limited to few modes. Does anyone on here not recognize RTTY
(MMTTY) or PSK31 & MFSK16 (TruTTY) by ear?

MixW is a separate point in case as it does have some advanced modes but there
is little chance the authors will ever update it again.

My idea was just simple prog to run in parallel to any sound card program. It's
purpose would be to clue you in on what exotic modes you were hearing. It would
then be up the op to decide what program to use. If you're already using
DM780,FLDigi or MultiPSK then there would be no need for it at all.

In fact taking this idea a step forward, maybe it would be better to write an
RS ID "front end" that all new digi mode programs could take advantage of.
Maybe thru a DDE channel or tcp/ip. That way the RS ID detector/transmitter
would be a separate entity which could be spawned by a digi mode program or
loaded independently. That way digi mode developers could concentrate on their
mode and the RS ID developers could harmonize all the RS ID combinations in one
place?

73

Sholto