Hello new to group and HAM radio in general (since 12/09) but I jumped right in
with QRP and digital modes. So HI all!

I use a Dell mini 9 netbook as my ham radio computer atm. It works great the
problem is the size of the keyboard and screen. The keyboard you could get used
to but the 1024x600 screen is just to small for DM780 imo. I mean it took me
minutes to resize windows just to find the OPTIONS menu so I change fonts in
HELL mode.

I do plan to use it for a full time APRS/Packet station computer after I
replace it with something with a 17" 1600x or 1920x screen rez!

I like HELL mode a lot. A 100 year old pixel based mode! Awesome!

So far I have found that the cheaper the USB sound FOB is the better it works
for digital modes. YMMV.

Bryan
KJ4QZJ