On 12 September 2013 12:39, Krzysztof Konopko <k...@konagma.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just come across this commit:
>
> ea35c78 C++: Add convenience classes like DFBRectangle to new header file
> <directfb++.h>, fix dynamic cast with NULL pointer
>
> It looks to me that `dynamic_cast` failed because of wrong interface
> visibility.  This can be controlled with `__attribute__ ((visibility
> ("default")))` even if the compiler's default is to hide all symbols.  This
> should generate correct (consistent) RTTI references even in inline
> functions.
>
> Moreover, using this attribute for the entire class avoids using it for
> each method (currently all ++DFB methods are supposed to be visible).
>
> Please have a look at the attached patch.
>
> Cheers,
> Kris

Since my last proposed patch was too big (approx. 100kB) as it touched
all ++DFB APIs, my previous email is still awaiting moderation.  So this
time I attached a stripped down version of that patch which has the gist of
the change and only `IDirectFB` API "tidied up".

Please let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Kris