> Dear Martin,

Thanks for the ideas.

> Two ideas:
> - You could remove the sync block and sync your rx/tx paths with other
> means (e.g. MIMO connector, it depends on your hardware). This makes the
> sync influence independent of the noise.

Good idea, I will try it out once I get the cables.

> - Reconsider if the phase rotation really makes your measurements
> invalid. You'll have a phase rotation in any case (due to channel,
> propagation time etc.). The timing-related phase offset is constant,
> after all, and the phase difference between sub-carriers depends on the
> sub-carrier distance, too. Perhaps it doesn't matter all that much?

That makes sense. I want to study the different phenomena that affect phase
rotations in the channel. By eliminating the USRP hardware (by connecting
the TX and RX blocks to each other through a channel model block), I can
control the PDP of the simulated channel, for example.

Thank you for your inputs. This is very useful to me.

best regards,
aditya