Thanks Stephan, that was a very good point to make. I have reduce the
number of taps in my equalizer.

Unfortunately, this hasn't fixed the issue I spoke of (surprisingly). I am
seeing dropped packets at sample rates of 200k, on and off, and HUGE
latency between making a change at the transmitter and seeing it at the
receiver. I am beginning to suspect an underlying network issue. My setup
is an old cheap gigabit switch which connects two N210's to my laptop. I
think something in that domain isn't performing as it should. I will dig
further.

v/r,
Rich