On Thu, Apr 7, 2016, 3:48 PM Ben Hilburn <bhilb...@gnuradio.org> wrote:

> What was your experience like when it came to using the RTL dongle? Was
> there any complexity there? If you have hardware that can stream at higher
> rates, I'd be interested in how those perform in the container, as well.

Performance is, for all intents and purposes, unaffected. Network
performance may be very slightly affected by the virtual network device. If
your application is very sensitive, just use the "--net host" option when
invoking the container.

I have benchmarked X310 performance using the "--net host" option and
gotten effectively identical results inside a container vs. running
natively. I do not consider Docker containers to affect performance in any
way.

--n