On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 8:09 AM, Stefan Wunsch <stefan.wun...@student.kit.edu
> wrote:

> Regarding running the GUI: In the readme I've included the commands for
> X forwarding (that's your approach). Works fine on my machine! The VNC
> approach targets especially windows users.

I've had success running GRC and QT-based GNU Radio applications using
several different display techniques from inside Docker containers (on
Linux).

- Volume mapping the local /tmp/.X11-unix into the container, setting
DISPLAY to unix$DISPLAY, and allowing access through xhost. This only works
on your local machine.

- Using --net host and -e DISPLAY when launching the container.  This is
useful when you are remotely ssh'd into a host and have X forwarding, so
the container will use the tunneled X server back at your local machine.

- Using xfvb and x11vnc to allow display access via VNC.  This is the most
flexible but slowest.

Johnathan