To expand on this a little, you can add some '-v' flags, eg. `pybombs -v -v
-v install gr-satellites` to see what's going wrong when a pybombs
operation fails.

In general, if you have problems with a recipe, please file a bug. I was
going to say that it sounds like the gr-satellites recipe is missing a
dependency on libfec, but it's there...
https://github.com/gnuradio/gr-etcetera/blob/master/gr-satellites.lwr#L23 .
So I would be curious to know why the libfec installation failed.