There is the option to build self contained GNUstep applications. This is done
by specifying the standalone layout in GNUstep make (--with-layout=standalone).
You should read up on that in the make documentation.

As far as I am aware this should also work on Windows, although I haven’t tried
it there in years.

Hope this helps,