> Am 08.05.2018 um 11:27 schrieb Andreas Höschler <ahoe...@smartsoft.de>:
>

>> On 07 May 2018, at 23:16, Fred Kiefer <fredkie...@gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> The best way to find out about this would be to run the application with
>> valgrind. Many mysterious problems became quite clear when looking at them
>> through the valgrind toolset. If you require help with that, I could provide
>> you with detailed instructions.
>
> I will probably need help with that. :-) How would I start?

That is a simple three steps process:

- Get and install valgrind  (sudo apt-get install valgrind)

- Start your application with valgrind (valgrind Ink.app/Ink)

- Be very patient, use your application as usual and watch the messages scroll
by in the console.

And when the segmentation vault happens valgrind will be able to tell you what
caused it.