Hi Wolfgang,

> From the self pointer in the call frame:
>  self=0xb7ca746e <-[NSView displayRectIgnoringOpacity:inContext:]+318>
> gdb resolves this address to an address in the code of the
> displayRectIgnoringOpacity:inContext: method from the NSView class. :-)

Aha, interesting. But this still rings no bell (no idea how this could be).

>> This changed nothing. The program still crashes at the same spot and MapView
>> is never deallocated (at least dealloc not called)!? And remember, the app
>> works perfectly well in two other environments (for whatever that's worth).
>
> With the same version of gnustep-base and gnustep-gui?

No, with current MacOSX and ancient GNUstep sources I was using so far on
Solaris and Debian

I am now trying current GNUstep sources on Ubuntu 16, so almost everything has
changed: gcc, objc, GNUstep, OS,... :-(

Thanks,

 Andreas