After going to the knowledge base, there is a command, vmrun:
vmrun -T server -h https://<host>:8333/sdk -u root -p <root's password>
<cmd> "<path to virtualmachine>.vmx"

I have not gotten that to run yet. VMWare documentation is inconsistent
in that it specifies the port as above, and in other places uses the -P
option.

--
Jerry Feldman <g...@blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix