On 10/24/2013 8:27 PM, Joseph Guarino wrote:
Hey John/Everyone,

John is right!  What would be unethical about presenting the positive
message of the BLU?  =P  Worst case scenario we might gain more members
which would benefit the FOSS community.  We should look at this an one
way to that goal.  Is anyone else with me?  Can we just start a task
force on this and discuss it at the next meeting.  Any thoughts on this?

I have an observation:

If you go to Google, and enter "Bill Horne" as a search term, my blog consistently comes up on the first page. However, my blog is in competition with several other Internauts named "Bill Horne", and some of them have reasons for being more prominent: a Clearwater, FL politician, a judge, a professor of veterinary anesthesiology, and a professional writer from Ontario, to name a few.

You'd think that these guys, being in the public eye, would have lots of preference over me in Google's ranking system. It stands to reason that their pages and pictures are in lots of other pages, with lots of other links, so I am at a loss to explain why my tiny, self-published blog comes up on page one.

Trust me: it's not content. It's not SEO. It's not anything I know about or planned.

Which leads to, in fact begs, the question "What am I doing right"?

Because whatever "it" is, the BLU needs to do it too.

My 2ยข.

Bill

--
Bill Horne