Cuba Libre came to my mind too. I think that's well-enough known among
Americans (in the USA) that it might be useful when explaining
LibreOffice to them in the future.

Perhaps it will become a tradition to drink such cocktails at informal
meetings of LibreOffice volunteers in the future:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuba_Libre

The word "Libre" is distinct enough from an English speaker's
perspective that it can form a unique brand--so I think that's a strong
choice.

-Ben

On Oct 3, 2010, at 5:53 PM, Jussi Silvonen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think LibreOffice is a good name (to becoming a brand), at least for
> person living in Finland. It is really easy to pronounce (for us), and
> everybody can intuitively understand the message "free office". In
Finnish

discuss+unsubscr...@documentfoundation.org<discuss%2bunsubscr...@do
> cumentfoundation.org>
>> <discuss%2bunsubscr...@docu
>> mentfoundation.org>
>>> <discuss%2bunsubscr...@docume
>>> ntfoundation.org>

> @documentfoundation.org>
>> <discuss%252bunsubscr...@d
>> ocumentfoundation.org>
>>> <discuss%252bunsubscr...@doc
>>> umentfoundation.org>

> nn
>> ot

discuss+unsubscr...@documentfoundation.org<discuss%2bunsubscr...@docu
> mentfoundation.org>
>> <discuss%2bunsubscr...@docume
>> ntfoundation.org>
>>> <discuss%2bunsubscr...@document
>>> foundation.org>
> ot
>>>>

>>> --
>>> *Alexandro Colorado*
>>> *OpenOffice.org* EspaƱol
>>> http://es.openoffice.org
>>>
>>> --

discuss+unsubscr...@documentfoundation.org<discuss%2bunsubscr...@docume
> ntfoundation.org>
>> <discuss%2bunsubscr...@document
>> foundation.org>
>>> All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and
cannot
>>> deleted.
>>> List archives are available at
>>> http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/discuss/
>>>

>> --

discuss+unsubscr...@documentfoundation.org<discuss%2bunsubscr...@document
> foundation.org>
>> All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and
cannot b
>> deleted.
>> List archives are available at
>> http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/discuss/