Hi Marc, *,

Am Sonntag, 10. Oktober 2010, 14:07:39 schrieb Marc Paré:
(...)

> Actually, LibO (OpenOffice) has very powerful "form" creating tools and
> it follows a recognized ISO document standard
> (http://www.iso.org/iso/fr/pressrelease.htm?refid=Ref1004). It would
> make sense, to me, to try to advertise this fact and to encourage the
> use and posting of forms made with with LibO.

I know that feature and used it to create forms that could be filled out wi
th a pdf-
reader.

> Then if people wanted to modify the forms, they would just have to
> modify the forms, it would just be a question of re-working the LibO file.
>
> IMHO, this is what we should be encouraging.
>
> LibO also does a great job at creating forms and then exporting these to
> .pdf format (.pdf is also an ISO document standard
> (http://www.iso.org/iso/pressrelease.htm?refid=Ref1141). If, for example
> you are creating a form for a group, you can send them both the .pdf
> form (there is no real way to modify this form in whole) and the LibO
> file that you used to create the form. The LibO file could then be used
> to modify the form is the group wanted.

If you want to get both, you can use the PDF-Import-Extension. You can crea
te with
that extension hybrid files, that opens with the programm module, that was
used to
create the file, or with a pdf-reader.

Regards,
Andreas
--
## Content Developer OpenOffice.org: lang/DE
## Freie Office-Suite für Linux, Mac, Windows, Solaris