Hi,

LibreOffice is an exciting development!

As a Free Software user and advocate who spends time in academia this is
a crucial aspect of getting anyone to use LO:

> As Writer developer I would be really interested in improving that...
> though I have no idea of the requirements behing bibliographic works.
> Would you be able to get some people helping to describe what needs to
> be done? If you can find some other developers interested in hacking
> that part, I'm ready to help them getting started!

Whenever you suggest OOo or now LO to academics and students, they ask:
"What about my Endnotes?"

Until there is an integrated GUI that somewhat looks and feels like -
and of course is 100% compatible with - Endnotes, social science and
humanities academics will never migrate. They are locked in. With a
great bibliographic component in LO, they could be unlocked.

Looking forward to seeing what will happen,

-martin

--
E-mail to discuss+h...@documentfoundation.org for instructions on how to