On 2010-11-03 17:11, Peter Rodwell wrote:
Quoting Graham Lauder:

There is an extension which is pretty much a compulsory install on any OOo
instance l use and it does what you ask here.

http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/search/node/altsearch

Thanks! It does indeed do what I want (and a lot more). Now if I can just figure out how to open that when I hit Ctrl-F instead of opening the standard Find & Replace...

P.

Good Morning, Good Day, or Good Evening:

To use Ctrl F as the shortcut for 'Alternate dialog Find & Replace for Writer', do the following:

Open 'Alternate dialog Find & Replace for Writer'
Click on 'Batch >>', the Batch Manager
Click on 'Key Shortcuts'
In the top dropdown box, select 'Altsearch - dialog'.
At the bottom of the dialog, assign the new shortcut: Ctrl F.

Hope this helps.  It does work for me

Tom