Hi Charles, *,

Charles Marcus schrieb:
>On 11/19/2010 7:16 PM, Bernhard Dippold wrote:
>> Charles Marcus schrieb:
>>> I'd really like to see an email support list dedicated solely to
>>> questions in the nature of "I know how to do this in
>>> Excel/Word/Powerpoint, but how do I do it on
>>> Calc/Writer/Impress?"...

No, not a mailinglist for that. A mailing list is a quite high hurdle to
participate the question - answer mechanism..

>> I'd rather like to see this in a FAQ - perhaps in a dedicated area
>> or tagged with "MSO relation".

>An FAQ is a good idea, and could quickly be built as a result of
>questions/answers from the mail list - so if this is done, I'd suggest
>adding a simple way to ask a question from the FAQ if the user cannot
>find an answer - that question would then be posted to the users list,
>and once it is answered, the answer could easily be added to the
> FAQ...

I agree, this is the Way to go. A "No answer found? Ask a Question"
button working that way is a very interesting Idea.

There is a similar thing in launchpad - even in a different context.
Random example:
https://launchpad.net/kdocker

look at the right Navbar "Ask a question".

Gruß/regards
--
Friedrich
Libreoffice-Box http://libreofficebox.org/