>By default openoffice(libreoffice?)  is using max 20 Mb RAM, which is not
>enough today. Default settings need to change, st. most computer have 1Gb+
>RAM today. If you set it 256 Mb, it quite fast.

>*But why is this limited to 256 only?* Sometimes I need much more when
>working with my school projects. Why not but the limit to 1Gb?

That is an interesting fact. I agree that it doesn't make sense to have a
fixed low value. If the goal is to be conservative, then it should be a low
PERCENTAGE of the system RAM...

Unfortunately that doesn't fix this particular problem. It is a parsing
limitation. It depends on the CPU not on RAM (or at least RAM is not the
limiting factor either with 20 or 256Mb)